Sunday, December 16, 2007

Finding Affiliate Products That Convert

Finding Affiliate Products That ConvertAs a new comer to affiliate marketing I struggled with making money online with products that claimed high conversion rates, it simply wasn't happening. Sure I got sales but nothing compared to what I thought I would get. I worked hard at driving traffic to my website and it seemed like all my efforts were for nothing. This needed to stop, I hate working for nothing and there was no reason why these products would not sell. They were good products that offered a lot of value to Internet marketers.

After several months of this I finally was able to figure out the mistakes I was making and begin to drive targeted traffic to my website. First I took a good look at my website and made sure that it looked professional. Was it easy to navigate and did it lead visitors around in a logical fashion? I had to make a couple of changes but for the most part the site looked pretty good, at least as good as someone like me could make it. Next, I read through my content and made sure it was still relevant and was free of errors. You would be amazed how many mistakes you can find even after proof reading your content several times. I have learned that letting content sit on your desk for a week or two before you put it on your website can save you time and embarrassment. Take the time to make sure your content is professionally done and review it often.

Now that I dealt with the website I needed to go to work on the search engine side as well as keyword optimization. I learned it doesn't pay to set up a website that targets a general keyword because you get to many information seekers, not buyers. Now this is okay if you offer a lot of information on a particular product but you need to have something like a opt-in newsletter to capture these folks so you can lead them over time from information seekers to buyers otherwise you are only losing money especially if you are driving this traffic to your site through pay-per-click advertising.

The key to making money online is to find the right product-keyword match. The more specific I was able to get the better. Sure my traffic decreased but it became more relevant traffic that was likely to convert into sales.

Making money on the Internet is a pretty simple process but it is not easy. It does take work but by setting up a technique and repeating the techniques that work you can make money. Take the time to do it right and the sales will start pouring in. Develop your sites around targeting keyword phrases that are aimed at buyers. Provide them with a professional looking website and maybe even a free bonus gift for to your visitors.

No comments: